Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
4For there are certain men (444 ánthrōpos – man, also the generic term for “mankind“; the human race; people, including women and men) crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained (progegrammenoi) to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousnous (766 asélgeia (from aselgēs/“brutal”) – properly, violent spite which rejects restraint and indulges in lawless insolence (wanton caprice).) and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
5I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this,
- how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
- 6And the angels( spiritual beings created by God to serve His plan.) which kept not their first(ídios: personal) estate ( arxḗ – properly, from the beginning (temporal sense), i.e. “the initial (starting) point) , but left their own habitation ( oikétérion: of the body as the dwelling-place of the spirit,) he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
- 7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh(héteros – another (of a different kind)(“another but distinct in kind“) (“another of a different quality“)not human /sarkos properly, flesh (“carnal”)), are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
- 8Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
10But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
11Woe unto them!
- for they have gone in the way of Cain
- and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward,
- and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear:
- clouds they are without water, carried about of winds;
- trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
- 13Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame;
- wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, 15To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hardspeeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. 16These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in admiration because of advantage.
Fallen angels on Earth preflood
200 Watchers in Tartarus
Nephilim = Angel / human or animal breed
Demon = foul spirit of a Nephilim that is killed
New International Version
“Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man.Luke 17:26
New International Version
to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 1 Peter 3:20
Possession of a body by demon spirits