8And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write;
These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9I know thy works,
- and tribulation,
- and poverty, (but thou art rich) and
- I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 10Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried;
and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
11He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
And the second angel sounded,
and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea:
- and the third part of the sea became blood; 9
- And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died;
- and the third part of the ships were destroyed