The Sixth Seal: Terror
12And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was
- a great earthquake;
- and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair,
- and the moon became as blood;
- 13And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
- 14And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together;
- and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
- the kings of the earth, and
- the great men, and
- the rich men, and
- the chief captains, and
- the mighty men, and
- every bondman, and
- every free man,
hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;16And said to the mountains and rocks, : “Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.Surely your wrath against mankind brings you praise, and the survivors of your wrath are restrained. .
14The great day of the LORD is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the LORD: the same man shall cry there bitterly.
15That day is
- a day of wrath,
- a day of trouble and distress,
- a day of wasteness and desolation,
- a day of darkness and gloominess,
- a day of clouds and thick darkness,
- A day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.
17And I will bring distress upon men, that they shall walk like blind men, because they have sinned against the LORD: and their blood shall be poured out as dust, and their flesh as the dung.
18Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD’S wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land
7Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations also of the hills moved and were shaken, because he was wroth.
8There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.
9He bowed the heavens also, and came down: and darkness was under his feet.
10And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.
11He made darkness his secret place; his pavilion round about him were dark waters and thick clouds of the skies.
12At the brightness that was before him his thick clouds passed, hail stones and coals of fire.
13The LORD also thundered in the heavens, and the Highest gave his voice; hail stones and coals of fire.
14Yea, he sent out his arrows, and scattered them; and he shot out lightnings, and discomfited them.
15Then the channels of waters were seen, and the foundations of the world were discovered at thy rebuke, O LORD, at the blast of the breath of thy nostrils.