- The first follower made an impulsive decision, a learned person that thought Yawushua would be well received and taken care of. But Christ rebuked him saying He does not even have a place to rest. Following Christ is a sacrifice. He did not turn the man away but showed him what it would mean to follow
- The second follower is called by Yawushua personally. He answers yes…. But. He was strongly rebuked. He needed to preach the Kingdom of God wherever he may go. Priority needs to be Yahuwah. Undivided focus.
- Third person had divided priorities and divided attention. By turning back or losing focus you leave the right path. Focus only on Yahuwah and his Kingdom. The world can be a dangerous place.
1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. 6Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us:
- whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; 7
- Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering:
- or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8
- Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation
- : he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity;
- he that ruleth, with diligence;
- he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.